Hozah Parking Ltd is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
We will only use your personal information to administer your account, provide products and services you have requested from us, and to keep you informed about our products and services we provide. This privacy notice explains what personal information we collect from you when you interact with our products and services, and how we use this information.
1. Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you when you create a Hozah account, use our service or enter a car park where our service is in general use (a ‘Hozah enabled’ car park):
- Whether you are a customer
- First and Last Name;
- Title (Mr, Mrs etc.);
- Your vehicle registration number;
- Your vehicle manufacturer/model and colour;
- Email address;
- Telephone number;
- Social media account information, if you use a social media plugin to register;
- Location details when you enter a car park or use our Services;
- IP address;
- Payment and billing information, e.g. bank account, payment card or PayPal details;
- Parking permit details (if applicable).
- Company name (if applicable);
- Business registration number (if applicable)
2. We may receive information from third parties we work with, such as:
- Private, council, municipal, railway, airport, hospital and university car park operators, who, if you have chosen to make use of our service, provide us with the details of your parking sessions, so we can facilitate your parking transactions. This information consists of your vehicle registration number, location, parking fee/tariff and the start and end time of your parking session.
- Operators of parking equipment (such as Automatic Number Plate Recognition cameras), which enable us to identify when you enter and exit a car park
- Our clients from the public and private sector, who use our service to facilitate parking of their employees. If you are an employee in such an arrangement, we receive your name, or personnel ID, e‐mail address, phone number and vehicle registration number from your employer, after which you can sign up and create your own account.
- The DVLA or other governmental bodies. This is primarily done so in order to facilitate the operation of our business, such as to identify a vehicle via number plate or to contact a driver as part of our terms of service
3. Cookies and other similar technologies
4. IP addresses
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our actual or potential partners or suppliers. This is statistical data about browsing actions and patterns related to our servicers and does not identify any individual.
5. How do we use your personal data?
We only use your data for the purposes for which it was collected and, where relevant, to meet local legal obligations. We use your personal data to:
Performance of agreements with users– To provide you with the parking related products and services of your choice, we process your information. For example, we use the data to complete parking transactions; facilitate payment of the relevant parking fees and communicate your parking status with the relevant parking control bodies.
Customer support– We use your information to support you in using Hozah. This includes using personal information to diagnose problems, correct erroneous transactions and provide other customer support-related services.
Customer engagement and communication– We may use your information to communicate with you via email, SMS text or telephone about your use of the service and about developments to the Hozah service. This may include surveys, marketing and other forms of communication
Marketing– We would like to send you information which may be of interest to you, about our products and services and those of other companies that may be of interest to you. You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing related purposes. The easiest way to do this is by contacting our customer support team.
Safety, security and dispute settlement– We use your details to protect the security, integrity and safety of our products, services and customers. This includes processing in the context of detecting and preventing fraud, theft and other misuse of our services. We may also use personal information in the context of dispute settlements, to enforce our agreement with you, to enforce our rights towards third parties or defend ourselves against any third party claims or allegations.
Legal obligations– We may process your information in relation to a legal obligation. This includes cases where we must comply with requests from competent authorities, administrative obligations and in cases involving legal disputes.
Improving and personalising our products and services– We use your personal information to improve our products and services. For example, your behaviour on our website, such as how long you spend on certain pages, may help us to choose which services to develop next.
Maintenance, development and incident management– If you experience issues with one of our products or services, we may need to process some of your personal information, such as your name or vehicle registration number to resolve an issue. We may also use your personal information in relation to certain system development processes, such as moving databases.
General business process execution, internal management and management reporting– To be able to run our business, we also use your personal information for general business processes. This includes processing your information for archiving, insurance and other administration related purposes, management reporting or processing in relation to audits.
6. With whom do we share your personal data?
We share your personal data with third parties such as councils, local authorities, municipalities, car park operators, car park enforcement companies, car park enforcement software, other suppliers (e.g. suppliers of our database management tools), clients, and other partners. The nature of this service means you are able to benefit from the Hozah Parking service in multiple car parks. The fact that your car registration plate is associated to a Hozah account and is therefore able to benefit from Hozah Parking is shared across all car parks where relevant:
- To the extent necessary to operate our business, to provide you our services, or our partner services, to complete any related transactions or collect related payments, to provide customer support and to communicate with you in connection with our services. For instance, to process payments and transactions.
- For parking enforcement reasons where we communicate your parking status with the relevant parking control bodies, such as councils/private operators. In such instances your vehicle registration number, location, car manufacturer, car model, car colour, and the start and end time of your parking transaction are shared;
- For services relating to the issuing of parking permits (if applicable). For that purpose we may also undertake address validation checks with third party agencies to confirm that you are eligible for a product.
- If you give us explicit consent to do so
- If we are required to do so by law, e.g. for investigation of illegal activities;
- To enforce our agreement with you, for instance in cases where you have not paid for your parking transactions
- To enforce our rights towards third parties, or to defend ourselves against any third‐party claims or allegations;
- To protect the security, integrity or safety of our Services.
We offer our services as part of the Hozah LTD Group. To be able to provide you with our services, we make use of some intra‐company facilities, e.g. for database purposes, administration, marketing and fraud prevention. As such, we also share certain personal data with our affiliates. Such intra‐company sharing of data will only occur for purposes of operating our business, performing your service contract and as has otherwise been outlined in this Privacy Notice.
7. Where is your personal data processed?
Your personal data is processed by our staff in the United Kingdom. We may also share data with our affiliates in the context of operating our business, providing our services and other processing purposes as outlined in this Privacy Notice. Our affiliated offices may be located in other areas of the EU. For hosting and maintenance purposes your personal data is located in the U.K.
To the extent any other personal data will be transferred to a country outside the European Union or an international organisation, we will make sure that this only happens to such countries and international organisations that ensure an adequate level of protection, have put appropriate safeguards in place to protect your data and your rights in accordance with the EU privacy law (GDPR), or as is otherwise allowed under the GDPR.
8. How long do we keep your personal data?
We will retain your personal information only for as long as is necessary for the purposes for which the information was collected, or as long as is required by law.
If you wish to close your account, please contact Hozah Customer Service team. After your account is closed we will remove your personal information without undue delay except for information that we are obliged to keep by law. For instance in order to meet statutory administrative retention obligations, we need to keep some of your account related information (e.g. copies of invoices/receipts), for six years.
Data may be retained longer in cases where it is used in relation to a legal claim or is used in relation to a valid legal process.
9. Accessing and managing your personal data
You can directly view and edit your personal details via your personal account through www.hozah.com. Here you can also make choices about our collection and use of your data.
If you cannot access, rectify, or erase certain personal data yourselves, if you want a copy of the personal data that we process of you, if you wish to request a restriction of processing of your personal data or to object to processing, please contact our customer service department via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
10. Legal basis for data processing
We only collect and process your personal data when there is legal lawful basis for doing so.
The legal basis in this respect includes:
- Contract: the processing is necessary to perform your Service contract;
- Legitimate interest: for example, i) a legitimate commercial interest to process certain of your personal data, e.g. for running our business and the purposes of certain forms of direct marketing and profiling; ii) to archive certain account information to facilitate you to re‐use your account in the future; or iii) if there is a legitimate interest from business or security perspective, e.g. to prevent fraud or abuse of our Services, or for purpose of network and information security of our IT systems;
- Legal obligation: the processing necessary to comply with a legal obligation, e.g. the legal requirement to keep administrative records for a certain period of time, or the legal obligation to share certain data on a police order for criminal investigation purposes;
- Public interest task: the processing necessary to assist in tasks in the public interest. For instance to aid enforcement agents in verifying the validity of a parking action or parking permit;
- Consent: where you gave us explicit consent to process the data concerned, for example ‐ if applicable ‐ to share your data with partners or other third parties for commercial purposes.
If you have given your consent to the processing, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please email email@example.com discontinue the processing of your information. However, any processing performed prior to your withdrawal remains a legitimate processing based on a valid consent at the time. We will not be under the obligation to reverse the processing.
Questions, concerns and complaints
If you feel that an issue has not properly been resolved, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority ICO: https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.
Hozah is a trading name of Hozah Parking Limited (company number: 10429939), part of Hozah LTD (10737867), both of which trade out of Floor 11, One Croydon, 12-16 Addiscombe Road, Croydon, United Kingdom, CR0 0XT
The decisions relating to the purposes and means of the personal data processing are in principle centralised at this location.
@ Hozah Ltd 2019